Eyelid Surgery New York City – Blepharoplasty
Eyelid surgery, which is also known as eyelid blepharoplasty is based on revitalizing the look of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both by reshaping the ocular tissues and giving you a younger and a more vibrant appearance on the eyes. Aesthetic reasons seem to be the essential purpose of a blepharoplasty eyelid surgery, but there are cases where other reasons such as, an increased fat and sloughing of the upper eyelids causing a reduction in the patient’s allows such use of this operation.
As years go by, physical appearance changes and becomes quite apparent on people’s faces especially in the areas around the eyes due to physical exhaustion. Ptosis is produced by muscle fibers that elevate the upper eyelid and it occurs when the upper eyelid excess skin causes major restrain to the eye and could be fatal if left untreated. One thing that holds great importance in the youthful appearance of the eye is the lower eyelid and pockets form in the bottom of the eye due to ocular aging while the buildup of orbital fat that occupies much of the orbit. Also, lack of sleep and exhaustion causes horrible wrinkles and dark circles to form between the lower eyelid and cheek.
Having a youthful eyelid becomes a reality while giving each patient a young natural look and protection of eye health without noticeable scars at Miami New Life Plastic Surgery. Highly skilled and trained blepharoplasty surgeons make this procedure a possibility at Miami New Life Plastic Surgery ocular plastic surgery or blepharoplasty.
Types of Eyelid Surgery treated in New York City
- The upper eyelid becomes affected by loose or sagging skin by creating folds or disturbing the natural contour leading to impaired vision in some cases.
- Puffiness in the upper eyelids as a result to excess of fatty deposits.
- Bags that are produced under the eyes.
- Lower eyelid producing fine wrinkles and excess skin.
Is eyelid lift surgery suitable for me?
Adult men and women who have facial healthy muscles and have realistic goals of improving the upper and / or lower eyelids and the surrounding area are usually the ones that have eyelid surgery performed on them. This surgery can also be done at an early age to those that have a family fallen eyelid heritage.
Those that qualify for an eyelid surgery procedure are:
- People who have no medical conditions that can hinder the healing or those that don’t have any life threatening illness.
- Individuals who refrain from smoking
- Those who are open to cosmetic eyelid surgery with positive outlook and specific goals in mind with regards to the operation.
- Individuals who have relatively healthy eyes with no serious conditions.
Before considering any Blepharoplasty surgery, keep these preoperative medical conditions in mind:
- A detached retina, glaucoma, dry eye or other eye diseases.
- Thyroid or hypothyroidism disorders.
- Circulatory disorders such as cardiovascular disease or high blood pressure and also diabetes.
Steps for upper and lower Blepharoplasty Surgery
Communication with our surgery centers in Miami New Life Plastic Surgery and this should be one of the first steps. The proportion of sight, the tear and excess skin and fat in their upper and lower eyelids, and the patients overall medical condition is checked and assessed with our plastic surgeon. If have a history to any drugs or if you are taking any specific medication, or use lenses, these will all be assessed during a complete laboratory checkup and you should tell the plastic surgeon about your general health condition. Of course, the physician will always confer to all the benefits this plastic surgery can provide to the patient while explaining the procedure behind it. A surgical procedure or via laser blepharoplasty is performed on the upper and lower eyelids with this surgery.
The plastic surgeon will give early precautions and things to avoid that need to be strictly followed such as what food to take or to stop any drugs use for at least two weeks before the upper and lower blepharoplasty surgery is done. After an eyelid surgery in Miami, it is advised that the patient should be accompanied by someone close or a relative since they are not going to be able to see very well after the operation and they might be feeling a little groggy due to the anesthetic. Keep in mind that returning home after a blepharoplasty eyelid surgery on your own is very dangerous.
if they are planning on another facial surgery. Depending on the demands of the patient, this procedure can take up to one to two hours.
Blepharoplasty Surgery is performed in various ways. Patients especially under 45 years old have the option to have two different ways to undergo surgery of the upper and lower eyelids:
- Though a small incision ion the upper eyelid, this can be carried out in order to remove the bag and saturated fats with a fine line giving no visibility scar and helps tighten the skin
- Fat is removed through the mucosa of the eyelid by carrying this procedure out via an incision on the inside of the eyelid. The tissue can heal itself making the use of stitches unnecessary. To protect the eyes from sunlight after this type of surgery, some patients wear and use special glasses.
- Cold compress can be used to help the swelling and bruising that occur after a blepharoplasty surgery.
- You should contact your plastic surgeon right away if you experience any discomfort or pain since they are available for 24 hours a day. The feeling of pain is quite normal after a surgery and painkillers can be administered to lessen the pain.
- Proper balance and posture is advised by keeping your head elevated above the body.
- During the healing process, eye drops or ointments must be applied.
- It is highly recommended to wear sunglasses as discomfort in vision and photophobia will be experienced in the first days though it will disappear after a couple of days.
- A week after your surgery, items that are used in your eyelid will be removed.
- 4 to 5 weeks after the operation is the time it takes for you to engage in physical exercises again
- The first 2 weeks after blepharoplasty allows you to use contact lenses normally again.