Thigh Lift Cosmetic Surgery at Selfie Plastic Surgery
Obesity is a very common health issue to people all over the world. This results to intense heavy diets and strenuous exercise activities that cause sudden weight loss among people who are suffering from it. However, a lot of excess skin is left after a great amount of weight loss making the upper thigh appear as wrinkled and/or wobbly.
The thigh reduction or thighplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure that is performed to improve overall appearance by removing excess skin, wrinkles, and fat at the top and bottom of the thighs to restore firmness to the fallen muscle. It can also rid of irritation when walking or having an intense burning sensation due to excess skin.
Selfie Plastic Surgery offers thigh-lift or thighplasty which is designed to improve the shape and smoothness of the legs which can:
- Improves sagging skin.
- Major weight loss issue becomes nonexistent as this corrects the shape and smoothness of thighs.
- Offers comfort and relaxation allowing for more clothing options.
Common Thigh Reduction Surgery:
At Selfie Plastic Surgery, the inner thigh near the groin is where the incision is made by the gluteal fold. The remaining skin and tissue are lifted and repositioned while the elliptical segments of skin and underlying fat are removed from areas of the thigh to achieve a firmer and tighter looking thigh. Depending on the extent of the procedure, a Thigh Lift will usually take about 2 to 3 hours.
To ensure that the scars become not completely visible, incisions are made in the inguinal crease or in the gluteal fold. To better understand the implications of the methods, discussing each of the techniques is important. Selfie Plastic Surgery offers these different types of treatments which include: lifting mid thighs (Most inner side of the thighs), lifting of lateral thighs (Front outer thighs,) lifting medium more lateral thighs (Most front inner and outer thighs) and lifting of thighs and legs (Upper thigh).
Laser Lipo Thigh Lift:
A wand called a cannula is operated during a LipoThigh Lift. Laser liposuction is used at New York City Selfie Plastic Surgery for thigh reduction on both men and women, because it gives the quickest and best results.
Candidates for this Procedure:
Suitable candidates for a thighplasty include people with a relatively stable weight, healthy individuals who aren’t at risk during surgery or with people who are committed to leading a healthy lifestyle.
Things to Remember Before and After the Operation:
- Our plastic surgeons will assess and evaluate your health to give you all the surgical techniques that are most suitable for your particular case.
- Consult with the surgeon if you have smoking habits or use medication, vitamins and/or other drugs since this must be completely stopped 2 or 3 weeks before the surgery.
- Commonly used anesthesia will be explained at our facilities and the costs thereof.
- Have a family member or friend to assist you the day during the operation to take you home.
- Most patients require at least 14 days of recovery time after surgery.
- To speed up the healing process, it is advised to wear compression bandages for at least a month.
- Tired and irksome feeling might be felt after surgery and bed rest is recommended for one or two days.
- You can go back to normal life activities after 6 to 7 days.
- Bandages and drains will be withdrawn in two or three days
- In nearly three weeks, the odd feeling of skin sensations and swelling lessens significantly.
- The leg will take a few more weeks to fully recover, however the stitches will be removed in about two weeks.
- Avoid physical contact with your legs since they will probably be sensitive to direct stimulation for two to three week.
- At least six weeks is what it takes for the scars to become hardened and pink.
- After surgery complications may occur such as infection, reaction to anesthesia, fluid or blood under the skin, nerve damage, blood clots, and irregular or asymmetric thigh appearance.
- Bleeding following the operation is a common case and may cause edema and discomfort.
- During the first week after the surgery it is common that a small percentage of patients may develop an infection.
- Reduced sensitivity or numbness on areas near the incisions are felt which usually disappears over time, however may be permanent in some patients.